Here's a preview....
FRESH ALASKA SEAFOOD
Princess Cruises features fresh Alaska Seafood including King Crab, King Salmon and Halibut sure to be savored!
- Cook my Catch - Reel in your fish during the day while on an excursion and enjoy it later that night for dinner! From the ocean, to your table - in the same day.
- Alaska Seafood - An Alaska-themed dinner in the main dining rooms and special Alaska seafood menus in the specialty restaurants onboard.
- Local Dives! - Specialty dishes from local eateries including Tracy's King Crab Shack, The Alaska Fish House, and the Skagway Fish Company.
- Princess' newest Seawitch craft beer - Denali Red - Brewed in partnership with the Denali Brewing Company.
MEET THE REAL ALASKANS
- Puppies in the Piazza – Meet some of Skagway's newest sled dogs onboard. Snap a picture with the puppies and meet their dog handlers who will be training them for a life of dog mushing.
- Meet the Mountain Climber – Hear first-hand from mountain climbers who have conquered Denali as they tell the exhilarating stories of their journey and present thrilling photos in the new Hudson Theater at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge.
- Tales from the Deadliest Catch* – From the popular Discovery Channel program, "Deadliest Catch", Captain David Lethin and his shipmates from The Aleutian Ballad relate their true-life adventures and experiences in the Bering Sea in pursuit of crab.
- Logger Heads* – Living Like a Lumberjack Guests will be treated to a stimulating and exciting presentation that reveals the life and adventures of your host, an actual Alaskan Lumberjack, and will include an authentic axe-throwing competition with selected guests.
- Alaska Legend Libby Riddles – Meet renowned dog musher Libby Riddles, the first woman to win the grueling 1,100-mile Iditarod sled dog race. She comes aboard in Juneau to share tales of her historic triumph, answer questions and even sign autographs. You won’t want to miss this special Princess exclusive.
- Alaskan Storyteller Steve Hites – In Skagway, Alaskan storyteller and musician Steve Hites comes on board to perform his “North to Alaska” show. This tribute to the Klondike days brings the region’s folklore, history and poetry of the era to life with plenty of rollicking humor.
Tales from the Wild* –
with Nick Jans
New York Times best-selling author, and renowned storyteller Nick Jans comes aboard to tell his compelling, emotional story of Romeo, the wolf, and the effect he had on the people of Juneau, as told in his book, "A Wolf Called Romeo".
EXPERIENCE EVERY SIDE OF ALASKA
Discovery at Sea – Inside
Alaska with Discovery
In partnership with the Discovery Networks, Alaska cruises will feature content from the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet on the wildlife, terrain, history, and adventures from Alaska. Discovery Networks shows such as "Gold Rush!" and "Panning for Gold", along with episodes of "Deadliest Catch" and "The Klondike" mini-series will be featured.
The Klondike Festival
Experience the thrill and excitement of a real Klondike Festival, hearkening back to the good ol’, bad ol’ days of gold rush fever with authentic Alaska entertainment. Fun for the whole family, the festival includes gold nugget arts and crafts projects, a Naturalist presentation, harmonica music classes, and North to Alaska dance performances. Enjoy Alaska movies shown on Movies Under the Stars or listen to a guitarist on deck while sipping hot chocolate.
Alaska Explorers Youth
In partnership with the Glacier Bay Rangers and the Discovery Channel, kids and teens can explore their adventurous side with activities such as the Jr. Ranger Program, panning for gold, and the Deadliest Catch Crab Sort Challenge.
*Nearly all Alaska voyages will feature either the "Tales from the Deadliest Catch", "the Logger Heads" or the "Tales from the Wild".
Glacier Bay National Park - A Cruise Wonder
Stunning glaciers, pristine waterways and watching for wildlife are a few of the things you experience while slowly cruising through dazzling Glacier Bay National Park, named one of the 7 Cruise Wonders of the World by Condé Nast Traveler and Princess is the best way to see this Ice Age marvel.
Six Princess Cruises ships will sail Alaska this summer.
Roundtrip cruises offer a seven-day cruise vacation filled with glacier-carved fjords, forested islets and quaint ports along Alaska’s famed Inside Passage with port calls in Juneau Alaska, Skagway Alaska, Ketchikan Alaska and Victoria, Canada.
Inside Passage Cruises are offered on Ruby Princess and Crown Princess from Seattle and Grand Princess from San Francisco.
The line's northbound ( Vancouver-Whittier (Anchorage) ) or southbound ( Whittier (Anchorage) - Vancouver ) cruises offer the Voyage of the Glaciers experience.
Princess Cruises' Voyage of the Glaciers sailing is the top-rated Alaska cruise vacation and with good reason. This comprehensive itinerary sails north or south through the British Columbia and Alaska portions of the Inside Passage for more stunning scenery at every turn.
Along the way, you’ll visit Gold Rush-era ports of Juneau Alaska, Skagway Alaska, and Ketchikan Alaska plus enjoy two spectacular glacier viewing experiences - including Glacier Bay National Park! Sail on Coral Princess, Star Princess and Island Princess.
A northbound seven night Voyage of the Glaciers offers a cruise fare of $699 per person for an inside cabin during off peak travel times. Alaska cruises sail May to September, with June, July and August at peak season prices.
The cruise line's Alaska Land and Sea Vacations package offer flexible ways to immerse yourself deeper into the Alaska frontier, visiting Denali National Park, Anchorage, or Fairbanks. Add to your 7 day cruise a 3-7 day land tour and you will experience Alaska's glaciers, wildlife and national parks from the perspective of spectacular ships, exclusive rail service and Princess-owned wilderness lodges. You can choose to take a land tour before or after your cruise. Here are some of the options available:
Denali Explorer - This is Princess Cruises most popular Alaska land & sea vacation and best value. Featuring Direct-to-the-Wilderness rail service on most options - a Princess exclusive - to take you between ship and the Alaska wilderness, you’ll enjoy 7 days at sea and up to 6 nights at Princess wilderness lodges, including at legendary Denali National Park, plus a visit to Fairbanks or Anchorage. It’s one of the best ways to see all the best of Alaska!
On Your Own - A more affordable option, Princess Cruises On Your Own land & sea vacations are geared for the more independent-minded traveler. With no pre-scheduled sightseeing activities, this option lets guests customize their 3 to 4 nights on land with a variety of optional land excursions.
Off the Beaten Path - Beyond Denali National Park, there is much more to see and these Alaska land & sea vacations can take you there. In addition to a 7 day Alaska cruise and at least two nights visiting the Denali area, you can venture further afield to massive Wrangell-St. Elias National Park or explore “Alaska’s Playground” — the Kenai Peninsula — as well as the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks and/or Anchorage.
Connoisseur Cruisetours - This is the ultimate Alaska land and sea vacation, featuring a tour director escort, our highest level of service and most meals on land included. Spend 5 to 8 nights on land at Princess wilderness lodges visiting Denali and perhaps, sensational places like Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and/or the Kenai Peninsula.
To learn more about the Princess Cruises Alaska experience, visit alaskacruisesdirect.com or call 800.365.1445.